Kelly Welcomes Agreement to Key Recommendations with the Report on the Review of Court Services for Tipperary
Issued : Friday 31 July, 2015
Having been in touch with the CEO of the Courts Service, I'm delighted that the Courts Senior Management Team have agreed to the implementation of the key recommendations within the Report on the Review of Court Services in Co. Tipperary.
- The authorisation by the Courts Service of the transaction of Circuit Court criminal, civil and family law business from a revamped Nenagh office
- The appointment of an office manager in Clonmel as the manager of all Circuit and District Court operations and staff in county Tipperary
- The provision of sufficient staff resources to the revamped office in Nenagh to enable it deliver its additional responsibilities
- The restoration of the service in the District Probate Registry in Clonmel
- The revision of scheduled sitting days allocated to District No. 8 so as to provide an additional day per month in Thurles for both Criminal and Family Law business.
- The refurbishment of Nenagh Court House to enable it to house a revamped court office within it
- The transfer of the management of the business of Carrick Distric Court from Waterford Court Offce to Clonmel Court Office
- The transfer of certain D.E.D.s from the District Court area of Thurles to the District Court area of Tipperary
- The transfer of certain D.E.D.s from the District Court area of Carrick on Suir to the District Court area of Waterford and
- A review of the courthouse venues in Co. Tipperary to be conducted in the context of a remodeled organisational structure two years after implementation of this report
Minister Kelly said "I'm very confident that resources will be made, this is very welcome news for the court services in county Tipperary".