My Priorities for Deputy Leader
Posted by Alan Kelly on June 09, 2014 at 03:38 PM
- To shape the Irish economy and public services in a way that is true to Labour values.
- To give hard-pressed families a break from the financial stresses by easing their burden.
- To secure a sustainable living wage for all workers, in both the private and public sectors, as this will help revitalise the economy.
- To promote fairer redistribution of wealth by legislating for collective bargaining rights for workers.
- To lead the marriage equality referendum in 2015.
- To provide for fair access to education regardless of income.
- To revitalise the rural economy; creating a ministerial function to coordinate Government actions on rural economic development.
- To aggressively pursue our party’s goal of ending long-term homelessness.
- To fight for greater gender equality across Irish society. Gender equality is an issue for all of us to champion.
- To work with our centre – left partners in Europe to fight against the rise of the extreme right and those who promote anti – trade union ideologies.
Permanent link | Categories: